Monday, April 6, 2009

Spring Cleaning

Whew! It was an exciting and exhausting day at the studio. We've had such an increase in clients, that we were running out of space for supplies and didn't even have a work area for our newest employee, Amy.

So, today, we (which included me, Allie, my husband - Tom, Tom's cousin - Matt, Kaitlin and Amy) re-organized the whole studio! We moved our supply shelves into their own room -- and added 3 more shelves. Then, we added more counters into the work studio, so everyone has a place to work -- in the same room -- stop the madness! We also put more display shelves into my office, so there will be more space to showcase our creations. A lot of time was spent cleaning and throwing out lots of "stuff" from the "early years" -- wow, that was a walk down memory lane...from pop up invitations to paper airplanes...it was nice to reminisce, even if it was only for a few seconds.

And, Allie made my day when she said, "There is so much extra space, I don't really know what to do with it all!" Ahhh...I'll remember that feeling when my knees, back and feet are aching later! It was a team effort though, so thanks to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment